Thursday, March 23, 2006

Flying the Good Times


Flying the Good Times
Originally uploaded by theiyer.
It was the first time that I got to travel by Kingfisher Airlines on my way back from Pune. To be frank, the usually staid three hour odd flight journey passed off in a jiffy despite the half hour stopover at Bangalore for half hour.

Truly King Class, flying the good times. Refreshingly different from Jet, Indian Airlines and Sahara, Kingfisher I am sure will change the contours of the aviation industry in the next couple of years.

The usual safety jig by the airhostesses is replaced by Yana Gupta performing it exclusively for you in the small screen in front of every seat. That set the tone for the journey. And Vijay Mallya in his la Bransonic image, welcomes the "guests" and says he has "instructed his crew" to take care of us. That guy really has got class. (you can reach Vijay Mallya at chairman@flykingfisher.com)

The cuisine was actually way better than Jet's. But the best part was the air hostesses's insitence that I eat something during the flight from Bangalore to Chennai. Despite my rejection, she kept egging me to have atleast a glass of juice. But then she gave up when I relented. Thats what you call "smothering" with hospitality. (Suchitra could not stop laughing when I narrated about this incident...). Be it the video and audio channels in the tv screen or the KF branding inside the plane, the experience was truly different.

Need to check out Paramount and Go Air now.

 
Subscribe with Bloglines